- 43% of the population regularly participate in sport
- 8 out of the 10 most popular sports are those participated on an individual basis. However, team and social sport is increasing
- Gender gap in sports participation (4.5%) is narrower now than at any point since the ISM was introduced in 2007 when it was 15.7%
- Increase in the proportion that is highly active, with almost a third (32.6%) now achieving the minimum level of activity set by the National Physical Activity Guidelines.
- A strong gradient exists in social participation, with those earning higher incomes and with higher education much more likely to participate socially. Additionally, those with a longterm illness or disability are less likely to participate in this way
- 28% currently use technology to measure the amount or nature of physical activity they undertake, with 43% having used one at some stage in the past