The Department of Health in Northern Ireland have published the ‘2018 Public Health NI Fact Sheet’.
This publication – which is released annually – presents the latest health outcome statistics for Northern Ireland. It covers the themes of general health, mortality and health experiences at NI, HSC Trust and Local Government District (LGD) levels.
Some of the key findings include:
- Life expectancy at birth in 2015-17 was 78.5 years for males and 82.3 years for females.
- There were 16.5 suicide deaths per 100,000 population in 2015-17.
- In 2017/18, 77% of adults reported drinking alcohol
- Smoking prevalence among adults stood at 18% in 2017/18
- In 2015/16-17/18, there were 691 alcohol related admissions per 100,000 population.
You can read the document by clicking here.