23 Nov 2017
Professor Kevin Balanda presents the main conclusions of Work Package 4 of the EU Joint Action on Physical Activity and Nutrition (JANPA) at the General Assembly of the conference, in Paris on 23 November 2017.
The overall aim of the project is to contribute to halting the rise of overweight and obesity in children and adolescents by 2020. JANPA stands for “Joint Action on Nutrition and Physical Activity”.
In accordance with the policy actions that addresses overweight and obesity at European level and as a contribution to the EU Action plan on childhood obesity 2014-2020, JANPA has the focus on aspects such as: the economic burden of obesity in national health systems, the multilevel and multi-sectorial and life-course approach for preventing health problems that originate from childhood obesity, sedentary lifestyle and unhealthy nutrition and related health problems, taking into account social inequality.
JANPA set out:
- to use the economic evaluation of the cost of overweight and obesity in children to encourage public actions
- to support a healthy start in life by promoting healthy nutrition and physical activity to pregnant women and families with young children, through identifying the successful multi-component interventions for different settings
- to promote healthier environments in schools and pre-schools
- to identify and share actions at local or national level regarding nutrition and physical activities.
- to share specific tools to promote healthy eating and drinking practices and improve the consumers information at national level.
Download 20171122 GA_WP4 (-).ppt